THE WAY TO A HIS HEART



I got the inspiration for this post while making snacks. My husband makes the most perfect potato chips. Right cuts, taste and everything. It's not like I'm a bad cook, I've had the opportunity of catering to major events, I still do, but ever since meeting my Nicotine, I've been in doubt about my cooking. And the more I doubt, the more I make mistakes. I got distracted today while making potato chips and came up with this burnt offering. It led  me into deep thoughts.

We were told that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach, we've been schooled to think that when we prepare the sweetest of meals, he sees us as 1000 yards of wife material and keeps us. Our Nigerian mothers literally drag us into the kitchen as early as 5 years so that we won't turn into nna ga alu (married by the father). So it's in us. We try and do our best in the kitchen.

But is the way to his heart really his stomach?

Prov 21:1(kjv) says

The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will.

About 3 years ago, I was with a friend, you know that "where 2 or 3 women are gathered......"
She was lost and hopeless about the situation of her marriage. I wasn't married then but I had it in me to give one or two useful advices to people around. A pointer that Wisdom comes from God. Apart from practical advice,  I gave her a few prayer points to change her husband's heart without nagging.

1. Lord, your word says that the heart of the king is in your hands, and you twist it to do your will. This man is my king, his heart is in your hands, I want you to touch his heart to....
2. Dear father,  you have given his heart to me, may I have influence over his heart, make him to....
3. Lord Jesus,  you promised me that whatever I ask and believe that I have gotten will be given to me. I believe that you have touched his heart to favour my desires. Thank you father for answered prayers for in Jesus mighty name is pray.  Amen.

Fast forward to meeting my husband, when I was convinced that he was the one for me (how I was convinced is a story for another day), I began praying for his heart, I was able to reach his heart through the heart of God, I asked for his heart and mine to be in alignment as regards certain things.

The way to a man's heart is not through his stomach. I've seen chefs per excellence struggle in their marriages and eventually divorce.  It isn't through his genitals either because not everyone masters the kama sutra skills well enough to hook a man permanently, even if you have it all, there's always someone out there who can do it better, you just hope he never meets her.

The way to His heart is through God's heart.

  • Mould yourself into a woman after God's heart, desire to live like Christ and make him the pivot of your existence. Follow his commandments to live in purity and holiness, beautify yourself with a gentle and quiet spirit. Be submissive and respectful. Be kind.
  • Your schemes can't make a man who doesn't want to stay to stick with you. Only God can. Only God is able create a new and pure heart in a man so much the right spirit springs up within him. Only God can make a man to long for Him and do His will. He won't need to look at any other woman if he is married to you. He will love you as God has commanded him to-  being patient, kind and not counting your errors (1 Corinthians  13)

Whether you are single or married, whether he/she is your husband, wife, brother, sister or boss. The way to a man's heart, any man, is through the heart of God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHY YOU DIDN'T SUCCEED IN 2017

HOW TO ATTRACT THE RIGHT MAN